Greetings!

"Welcome to the ramblings of another artist's adventures."

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Warp is On!

A mess of threads...
Tieing the heddles.
Calculating the pattern...

Yeah, it's tied....
















The sunset warp...
With the help of the all the boys, I got my new warp tied on.  Can't wait to start weaving.   I'm going to try a new pattern, a German Bird's Eye...I found it in a book full of various weaving patterns from the late 1800's to early 1900's. It took me 6 hours to thread all the heddles-486 of them. Fun.
Can't wait to see what cloth comes from this.  I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors. I can't wait to see what comes out either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marina. I started weaving last night, just getting the threads in-line and all tied up right. It's always exciting to see what comes of it all.

    ReplyDelete