Greetings!

"Welcome to the ramblings of another artist's adventures."

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Good Morning all!
I'm excited to recently have been a part of an exhibit, my first one.  Yay! One of the things I encountered upon entering, was selecting names for my pieces.  Very tricky business.  I think sometimes a name is obvious for a piece, and other times, it's a stretch.  When I go to a museum or show, I try not to  look at the name at first.  I find that sometimes it can take away from my initial interpretation.  However, other times the name can bring clarity to what the artist was possibly thinking. Occasionally, I don't understand the connection between the two which makes me wonder if the name was just a random thought. Does anyone have any opinion about this?  I would love to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment